Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
2 cups black quinoa
1 head of broccoli
1 large red sweet pepper cubbed
4 cups of water
2Tbsp jerk oil
- Rinse broccoli and red pepper and put on water to boil for quinoa
- Cut up broccoli, you can include the stems if you want
- Place quinoa in boiling water and add 1 tsp. Marlaina’s Premium Jerk Seasoning Mild
- Place your broccoli and sweet red pepper into a steamer only to blanch
- Once your quinoa is cooked place in a bowl add broccoli and sweet red pepper add some Jerk oil and 1 tsp. Marlaina’s Premium Jerk Seasoning Mild and Marlaina’s Premium Jerk Garlic Salt
You can use two cups of water and two cups of vegetable stock for the quinoa to give it a more robust flavour.
Remember when you blanch: so it’s crisp but not rock hard.
You could add some toasted pine nuts to add a different texture. When toasting them add Marlaina’s Premium Jerk Seasoning Mild to give this dish an extra kick.